Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hounds Of Love - Original UK LP (with Rare Merchandise Insert)


This is the original UK release for Hounds of Love, and in my opinion, the UK album jacket and photos are superior quality to any other vinyl release I've seen of this album elsewhere.


The UK copy, like most other copies I've seen from other countries, also has this nice double-sided inner sleeve with all the lyrics printed on it and houses the record.


Unlike most other original UK copies, this one is slightly different. When I came across this copy years ago, I was extremely shocked to find a rare insert inside of it. In case some of you don't know what I'm talking about, back in the day when this album was originally released, an insert was randomly placed into the album. It was sort of a Willy Wonka thing. If you were lucky enough to find one of these inserts in your album, you could order yourself any of the items that was featured on this very special merchandise insert from EMI, which also included two different autographed prints signed by Kate herself. I do have both of the signed prints myself, and if you would like to have a look at them, you can see them here and here. Each and every print was signed by Kate, and they are extremely difficult to come by these days. It's amazing to have one of these merchandise inserts fully intact because you would literally have to destroy it by cutting off the order form if you wanted to order any of the merchandise. These items were never commercially available, but sold exclusively through EMI only. I know some of my photos are not the best quality here, but I tried my best to make them clear... especially the merchandise insert. The back of the insert just features Kate's other releases up to that point. Even though this is only an old merchandise advertisement, it's a really cool thing to have.


Here is a close up look at the record labels.


2 comments:

  1. Just out of interest; if you cut out and ordered from the merchandise insert (I did) you received another copy of the original merchandise insert with the product(s) you ordered. Of course not many would have bothered to place it back with their LP to keep it complete so it is still quite hard to find.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.