Monday, September 20, 2010

The Secret Policeman's Third Ball


This is the Canadian LP release for The Secret Policeman's Third Ball, and the only reason why I got this one years ago was because Kate is featured on it. It's the live version of Running Up That Hill, which I still love to this day. I was never a fan of 'Various Artists' compilation albums, but back in the day this really was the only way to get something that wasn't otherwise available any other way.... so yeah, that sucked!


Although I haven't listened to the whole thing a lot through the years, the rest of the album is good. I probably didn't appreciate it as much as I could have, but that's probably down to the fact that I'm not a fan of any of the other artists that appear on the album... but it's still a good album. Not sure if this was ever issued onto CD or not, but I'd say pick it up if you can find it.


Another interesting thing about the Canadian release is the record sleeve insert, which is sort of a black and white picture thing. I have no idea if this insert was originally in the UK release as well, but it must have killed Virgin Records in Canada to print this.... probably killed their budget for the year. In fact, I sort of wish they hadn't printed the sleeve because, and you probably can't tell by looking at my photos, but the sleeve is extremely susceptible to fingerprint stains that are near impossible to rub out. What I mean about staining is that the natural oils in your fingers react chemically with the paper and leave almost greasy looking marks. Your hands can be washed, but it's still going to happen. It's so annoying.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.