Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hounds Of Love (Simply Vinyl)


Updated on December 30, 2012:

I thought it was long overdue that this post got a good update, especially where the photos are concerned. I still have some old posts on here that could use some new photo updating, and I will get to them when I come across them.

Anyway...

First of all, I apologize for any annoying glare on some of these photos. It's still sealed with all the original shrink wrap, so it can't be helped.


I got this one back in 2000. This was a limited edition pressing put out by Simply Vinyl back in 2000, which had been pressed on 180g virgin vinyl. Simply Vinyl is an independent English company that specializes in re-issuing hard-to-find classic albums on vinyl. I think they also did one for The Whole Story, as I recall, but I never got it. I saw it, but passed on it. These weren't exactly cheap to buy, even at that time.

These originally came sealed with a more loose fitting shrink wrap plastic film. It may be a little hard to see in my photos, but inside the plastic film, the album is protected inside of a thicker clear plastic sleeve.


The front of the album jacket has the exact same artwork found on the original release. In the upper right-hand corner there's a sticker letting you know that the vinyl is limited edition. The sticker is actually placed on the inner plastic sleeve, in case anyone is wondering.


The back of the record jacket is the same as the original release, and you can see the flap of the inner plastic sleeve better here. On the flap, Simply Vinyl has imprinted their name and logo. The flap has also been sealed with a limited edition sticker.


In the upper left-hand corner of the plastic sleeve there's a sort of hologram sticker as well. I've also taken a couple of photos of the bar code/catalogue number, as well as the 2000 copyright along the bottom.


Since mine has remained sealed for the last almost 13 years, and will remain that way, there really isn't much more I can show you of this release. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.