Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hounds Of Love - Canadian Pink Marble LP Release


First of all, I should probably point out for those of you that don't know, this is NOT the Audio Fidelity version that came out in 2010. This is the original pink marble edition of Hounds of Love that came out in Canada back in 1985. There seems to be a bit of confusion about this with some newer fans, and since Audio Fidelity decided to make the vinyl on their 2010 version pink as well, I can understand where that confusion may lie.

But anyway, as I was saying, this is the Canadian pink marble edition of Hounds of Love, and probably the more popular of the two marble vinyl versions of this album that were available at that time. The other one being the grey marble version, which came out in the U.S. Personally, I think the pink colour is more suited for this album in particular, and I also feel it's a little more interesting to look at. However, it's still nice to have both versions as they both feature a unique design. You can see my photos for the U.S. grey version of this album by clicking here.


I apologize in advance if some of my photos are a tad bit blurry. But anyway, apart from the pink vinyl, the album jacket and paper sleeve insert are fairly standard, and hardly differ from the grey marble version. There are some very slight differences. I think it's interesting how the back of the Canadian album jacket carries the EMI America logo, and both the Canada and U.S. versions carry the exact same catalogue number, with the U.S. version having only a dash in its catalogue number to set it apart from the Canadian one.


Unfortunately, I forgot to do photos on my U.S. grey marble version sleeve insert, but they are exactly the same as the Canadian one.


As a side note regarding Audio Fidelity's 2010 version: I don't have a copy of it. I wasn't interested in it, and I had no intentions of picking it up when it was available. Someone on the internet opened their copy and put scans up somewhere, and I personally wasn't visually impressed with the overall quality of it. More than that, I also wasn't impressed with the price of it when it first came out. I was under the distinct impression that Audio Fidelity was more interested with making money off of collectors or newer fans, more than anything else, and things like that don't appeal to me one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.